Ryussi created a test automation framework to simplify and speed up the release process of MoSMB (SMB 3.0 server) and find regression issues during every release.
Main features of the framework
- A highly modularized test framework with ability to test configuration using both individual and global parameters.
- Reliability, Robustness and Regression Test Automation
- Perform simulated testing of MS Office Apps & Media Apps using Synthetic IO Tool
- Ability to run tests for long duration in days, weeks and even longer.
- Automation for Data Integrity
- Filesystem metadata/data related Data integrity testing using MD5 checksum & other in-build methods provided by synthetic tools
- Performance Automation which provides ability to perform, generate & extract performance parameters such as IOPS/throughput & latency & generate Excel graphs directly from these values
- Ability to select test type and sub-set of tests to execute for a given test cycle.
- Fully automated controller node which propagates to worker nodes.
- Light weight controller (Docker container) to consolidate all test results at a single location.
- Easily scalable framework which allows addition of test cases with plug-n-play architecture.
At Ryussi, we’ve addressed most of the testing automation challenges by adopting the appropriate derivatives of the solutions discussed above & have successfully delivered quality testing as per the needs of our customers.
- Leverage the existing knowledge within the organization to support testing
- Creation of new test automation frameworks to suit to user requirements that perform functional regression, stress, error-Injection, limit, and data path testing.
- Use of Tables, Graphs & Charts to create performance charting for publishing and also knowledge of other 3rd party vendor neutral testing techniques for generating performance numbers under typical workloads.
- Ability to identify weakly developed feature/function and focus on specific areas to find maximum issues early during the test cycle rather than later.
- In order to adapt to the changing requirements of the customers & quickly come-up with test strategy to address the change.
To assist you in creating your own NAS automation framework, please contact us as email@example.com